Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oh, Christmas Tree


Stephen and I had a lovely time decorating our Christmas tree on Tuesday night.  Even though the Christmas tree stand broke, we were able to rig something up to make it sturdy. 

Or so we thought!  Wednesday night it came crashing down!  Luckily only a few of the ornaments broke...only my favorite ones of course.  This was taken after everything was mostly cleaned up.

Here is the before and after of an ornament Stephen made for me on our first Christmas together.  We'll still hang it on the tree of course; now there is another story to go along with it.



5 comments:

Shelby said...

Very unfortunate series of events but great documentation of it :)

Wendy Torello said...

We always had fake trees growing up. One Christmas we went and bought at 12 foot blue spruce. That tree came crashing down not once but three times that year. On the third time my dad cut it down to 5 foot and leaned it back into the corner. We had to buy a few new bulbs before Christmas. Good luck!

Carol said...

poor tree had a hard day

Poppy said...

Poor tree :S
I would be sad too, but you're right - that ornament has a story now. :) I remember when I broke my cereal bowl a few years ago. It was the one I had since my childhod and it had a cute teddy bear on. I put it back together and glued it and now I use it as a pens & crayons holder ... :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.