Thursday, April 3, 2008

New Used Books



These five books were purchased from the public library's twice-a-year Great Old Book Sale. 

I'll likely never read the book on the bottom left since it seems complicated, even though it is advertised as explaining the "cosmos" in a "nontechnical and nonmathematical language." But I bought it since it cost only $1 and if I ever do read it I feel like my overall knowledge base will broaden. 

The other four books I fully plan on reading. Especially The Ginger Man, Into the Wild and All Quiet on the Western Front, which is called the greatest war novel ever written -- which means it must be pretty darn good.

These five books represent hours and hours of entertainment -- at a total cost of $5. Spectacular.



1 comment:

TAITx3 said...

If you thought "The Singular Man" was a good book, you'll LOVE "The Ginger Man." You must have been pretty excited to see it in the massive used book sale stacks. Great author. Nick Squires introduced me to him. I wish I was there at the sale. Jason