Sunday, October 12, 2008

Carrie's Shower

This weekend was my cousin Carrie's bridal shower.  Carrie is the second youngest of the grandchildren.  She will be getting married to Jim on Dec. 13.  They are great people and I'm so happy for them (even if they are Michigan State Fans).  

We played a game where everyone had a piece of advice from a 1950's woman's magazine on how to be a good wife.  So when your gift was opened you had to read the old advice, and then read your own advice for a happy marraige.  We were cracking up at the old advice.  One example was "Be sure to listen to everything your husband has to say when he arrives home from work.  He has had a long, hard day and remember that his thoughts and ideas are more important than yours."  We were cracking up!!!  


In this picture Carrie is opening my grandma's flatware.  It's the same flatware that we have used at every single family gathering since I've been alive.  It will be fun for Carrie to think of all of the wonderful memories our family has every time she uses it!  

Carrie, just like Shelby, could be nick named giggles!  Her and Shelby have the exact same laugh.


This is Patty and my grandma.  Patty found an I.D. that used to belong to my grandpa and she is showing it to my grandma.  On one side of the bracelet is my grandpa's name, Claude, and his army I.D. number, and then on the underside of the bracelet is my grandma's name, Marion. 



2 comments:

Hank and Mary said...

It looks like a wonderful family time Linsey. Carrie looks SO happy. What a wonderful gift to receive the flatware that Grandma used...it's especially wonderful that your Grandma was the one to be able to give it to her.

Carrie said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful post. I had a great time on Saturday and I can't wait to see everyone at the wedding.

Love you!