Sunday, October 5, 2008

To Port Sanilac and Back...



We took advantage of a beautiful Sunday and drove north on Highway 25 along Lake Huron. Our destination was Port Sanilac, about 30 miles north of Port Huron. We made it. And made it back.

While there, we stopped in a little hole-in-the-wall greasy spoon for lunch. Linsey had the chicken strips basket. I had a grilled cheese and a cup of chili. It was delicious.




This is where we were. Someday -- probably next summer -- we plan to download several hours worth of "Wait, Wait don't Tell me..." "Car Talk" and "You Look Nice Today" pod casts and make the trip around the entirety of the Thumb. 

Anyone who wants to join us is more than welcome. 
Just make sure to bring your bathing suit -- and perhaps a blanket for a picnic.




This is the diner. I'm not sure it had a name. 


2 comments:

The Nelson Family said...

I'm IN. I commit to that absolutely and without reservation.

Hank and Mary said...

I think it sounds delightful. Are the words in quotes some songs that are popular with you guys?