Friday, August 6, 2010

Cake and things


Linsey spent a part of the afternoon making a Texas Sheet Cake -- a chocolate treat she's been dying to make for days.




It may look quite plain, but I can assure you that this is a delicious, rich, artery-clogging dessert from which there are few equals. Pair it up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a cup of coffee, and I can think of almost nothing more enjoyable -- from Linsey's point of view anyway. For me, I can think of several things more pleasing: an ice cold beer, scotch on the rocks with a splash of soda water, a homemade taco or a handful of peanuts with the shells still on (unshelled?).

6 comments:

TAITx3 said...

She's nesting!!!! The night before I had Charlotte I cleaned my house frantically and did lots of crafty things. Just hold off till wednesday!

Shelby said...

mmmm... I love sheet cake! But I also love an ice cold beer, tacos, and peanuts. haha

Can't wait for the girl to get here!

Hank and Mary said...

Hank and I were recipients of that delicious cake!

The nursery is all ready and the house is ready. Now they just need baby girl to come out.

On our way to see our new little charlotte in Boston.

Henry and Jude too.

The Jaymac Clan said...

I love that picture!

Carol and Dan said...

Congrats!! Details! Details!.......c.

Car Gps said...

What a nice post. I enjoyed the article from the beginning to the end. I really want to thank you for your great deed. I hope to read more from you on this article.

Car Gps.