Thursday, August 5, 2010

The End is Seriously Near

I love waking up and crossing the previous day off the calendar I hung on the fridge with everyones baby predictions written on it. It's satisfying to have made it through another day and night knowing that it's one day closer to The Girl being here!


I went to the doctor this morning, and it looks like Dan, Caleb, Chad and Cassandra have the best chance of winning. She said there is almost not a chance I'll make it to my due date! I'm 2cm dilated and 80% effaced. The baby has dropped pretty much as far as she can without actually being born. Stephen told me not to get my hopes up that it will happen soon, but I can't help it! I'm ready, she's ready, the room is ready, I'm pretty sure Stephen is ready... everyone and everything is as ready as it's going to be. Let's just get on with things. Waiting for this kid to be born has been like waiting for Christmas to get here when you're a kid, times a million. But the thing about Christmas is you actually know when it will be here! If I make it to my due date or not, it's still a good feeling to know that things are moving along so well. Hopefully the next post will be about her arrival... but don't worry, I'm not getting my hopes up :-)


5 comments:

TAITx3 said...

" Come on baby girl Tait, we want you to enter the world now!!"
Take pics of her room!! PLEEEEEEEEase!

Julie said...

I am so excited for you. I never got to have that anticipation being that both boys were early. I hope you have a wonderful labor and delivery. it is the best experience ever!!!!

Danielle Nelson said...

Oh man, this is soooo exciting!!!!!!!!

Hank and Mary said...

I hope and pray she waits until we get back. :)

It's awesome that she is sooooo low already. Maybe it will be just baby girl to say, ok, I want out, and then she pops out in an hour!

Prayers and hugs.

Hank and Mary/Mom and Dad

TAITx3 said...

Dang ... can't wait to see your kid. The first one is very special ... and very easy. Good luck in delivery. Make sure Stephen sends regular updates while you're in the hospital. JT