Monday, October 15, 2007

Doing Laundry


Waiting for Linsey to get cash out of the ATM. Notice the laundry in the background.

Dress shirts and other clothing items that, apparently, aren't suppose to be dried in the drier. Instead, they are hanging up in our bedroom, air drying.

Linsey putting our hard-earned quarters in the money-hungry machines.

A detail shot of the activities described above.


After the clothes were done washing, I went to empty the washers and starting grabbing clothes and throwing them into one of those wheeled carts that are used for clothing transportation between washing and drying.

I started unloading a washer and, as I was finishing up, Linsey said, "Um, Stephen, I don't think those are our clothes."

I looked down and saw unfamiliar women's underwear and other unmentionables in my hands. A woman then appeared from somewhere behind me and said, "These are my clothes, actually." She then proceeded to dig through the cart full of clothing, leaving our clothes behind and loading hers up.

Another woman walked by, smiling, and said: "You should have waited a little bit longer; he would have dried them for you, too."

It was embarrassing.

3 comments:

Hank and Mary said...

Cute blog, cute. I think the part about Stephen grabbing other ladies clothes is a crack up from the schmack up. :)

AL said...

Stephen that happens all the time, don't sweat it. Now, if you had been joking with Linsey and putting the underwear on your head, and dancing around, when the lady grabbed it from you, that would be embarrasing.

AL said...

Holy Guacamole, how many quarters does it take to wash your cloths?? It looks like Linsey is setting up thousands of dollars worth.....
You can come and do your laundry here for free, if you aren't to busy!!