Friday, April 9, 2010

Pregnancy Update

Just wanted to give everyone a little pregnancy update! Shaina S. has asked me numerous times for pictures of my baby bump, so I finally got around to taking one and posting it. I kept telling her it was nothing remarkable...now she can see for herself :-)

So today I am 21 weeks. More than halfway there! I started feeling the baby move on the 28th of March (19 weeks). I had kinda thought that I felt if before that, but this was the first time I was absolutely postive. Stephen got to feel her moving for the first time on Wednesday night (the 7th of April).

I had another ultrasound this week because the last time I went there was some stuff they couldn't see, but everything is great! I also started another job for the next 12 weeks filling in for a photographer at the Times Herald who is ironically on maternity leave. So far it's been going really well. There was only one day where I was just totally exhausted and had to come home and take a 2 1/2 hour nap before I went to my job at the Y. Since I started working at the paper I figured that I'd probably be lacking motivation to get to the gym. Something at the Y happens to coincide with my time working at the paper. It's pretty simple, it's called the Dot Challenge, and you basically just log all your workouts (the minimum goal is 3 times a week for 30 minutes) on a big chart for the next twelve weeks. Not anything earth shattering, but it's been a good way to keep myself accountable for getting my exercise while pregnant and taking on another job. And that's about it. I'm going to try to take a baby bump pic every week for the rest of the pregnancy since I was a horrible slacker at it for the first 20 weeks.


This was right before the gym. So excuse the hair and no makeup. I had my hair like this at Dan and Kim's this weekend one night before I was going to bed and Alden said I looked crazy! It made me laugh.

4D ultrasound. Kinda creepy looking.

Love her little nose. This is at 20 weeks.


12 comments:

TAITx3 said...

Cute little bump. I've been slacking also with the pics. I guess after your third it's not as exciting anymore watching your belly grow. I just feel like I'm getting fatter and fatter. Your lucky with a nice long torso.....
I proud of you for working out!! Keep it up!
Can't wait to see weekly updates of that belly!
p.s. how's the name search going?

linsey said...

ugh, the name search is as unremarkable as my bump. We haven't really talked about it lately. I guess I'm waiting for some sort of sign, like the clouds parting and some heavenly voice saying "You will name your baby..." That would make it sooo much easier!

ps I'll email you later with that taco recipe :-)

Carol and Dan said...

Fantastic! You look wonderful...and I love the presentation!
"Unremarkable" bumps are just as precious as remarkable ones! ;)
..............c.

Chunk2Spunk said...

good luck, hope it goes well. Nice personalised blog

Hank and Mary said...

I love that bump. It is just as Kara said, a nice long torso. She fits just fine in there. I love her little nose too, how amazing it all is. Kara, you should do a bump picture too. It would be fun for your baby, later on. If you don't want to post it, that would be fine, but, I'd sure like to see your baby growing. :)
(did you say taco recipe? Want to share with me too? I could always use help)

Wendy Torello said...

You look GREAT! I'm keeping lots of positive thoughts for you. Working at the paper full time in the second half of my pregnancy really wore me down. Get lot's of rest. The second half seems to go way faster than the first.

Anonymous said...

That is so AWESOME to be able to see the baby like that. Not creepy for me...JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!

Keith King said...

Great update Linsey! Fun photos! That 'Y.M.C.A. DOT Challenge' is nothing to scoff at. The rule I missed when I participated is the 'minimum of three times a week' aspect. I would go two times one week and four the next to make up for it. I finished with six more total dots than I needed at the end, waited for my shirt and then was told I needed to go at least 'three times a week... every week'. It still stings a bit but it was my fault for not fully reading the directions.

Krëg said...

Cute kid.

sundownerin said...

how cute!! best wishes for you!!

u look wonderful.

have a nice day!!

Unknown said...

Ready for another picture Linsey! :)

Mary

Lynne said...

yay baby Tait bump! You look so cute and tiny!! Love you and miss you buddy
~Lynne