Wednesday, May 19, 2010

70s photographs




It seems photographs from the 70s have more character than our modern digital photographs. The images always seem a bit more interesting, a bit more intriguing.

Perhaps it's because more care was taken shooting photographs when photographs were film -- rather than throw-away digitized images. Perhaps it's because only the good prints survived this long.

But most likely it is just nostalgia, even if it is not our own.

Either way, I hope the photographs that survive my 20s and 30s are enjoyed as thoroughly by my kid(s) as I enjoy the photographs of my parents.

(By the way, the one of my mom and dad is when they were dating: my dad a member of the U.S. Navy and my mom a recent graduate of Taft HS. The bottom one is of my dad on their honeymoon, which was in Lake Tahoe.)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

-i love old photographs, they just have so much more personality. ahah, awesome pictures, cute blog(:
cx.

Wendy Torello said...

Old photographs have a special place in my heart. When I go to flea markets and such I love digging through boxes of the oldies. I sometimes wonder how anyone could throw away the moments others thought were important enough to make a picture of... Maybe there's just a little to much nostalgia running in my veins.

AL said...

The honeymoon was in Yosemite.