Friday, February 29, 2008

A Mile Stone...

This picture is blurry because I was trying to drive and take pictures at the same time, probably not very safe.  Tonight, though, while I was at work my Jeep hit 130,000 miles.  It's not really that significant except that I like to see all the zeros in a row.  Also, when 130,000 came around I was on my way to try and catch up with a police chase through Salem, MA.  

A man stole an ambulance from a local hospital and led the police on a chase through four cities.  I eventually caught up with them in Lynn.  The police had already arrested the suspect, but I was able to get some pictures of the stolen ambulance, which was all banged up because the guy hit three police cruisers and four other cars along the way.  And I got some pictures of Juan and Joseph, two brothers, who found the guy in their back hallway after he tried to get away on foot.  It felt like an episode of Cops.  

130,000 miles also got me thinking about all the fun places I've driven in my car.  When Stephen lived in Farwell and Mt. Pleasant and I lived in Wyandotte and Kalamazoo we would take turns driving back and forth every weekend which always made the weekends really fun.  We've also made a few trips between Massachusetts and Michigan in it.  I spend a lot of time in my car... commuting back and forth to work, not to mention driving from assignment to assignment all day long.  I wonder if it'll make it to 230, 000. 


4 comments:

Hank and Mary said...

Linsey, its nice that you did this posting. Thanks, but do be careful driving please. :)

Your insite on your time behind the wheel in your jeep is very awesome to remember. Many memories, and special visits.

Were you ever afraid while trying to catch up to the ambulance driver?

TAITx3 said...

I don't want to buy the Salem news today.... We want to see a picture of the ambulance. Nice story.~kt

AL said...

It is a jeep, of course it will make it to 230K miles!!!

Shirlene Wuepper said...

That's why I have had 4 Jeeps through the years. I looooooove them! I've decided that it is my signature vehicle!!!