Wednesday, December 5, 2007

More Photo Booth


For me, videos are always a little bit strange. 

For those without a slur, let me explain: during my daily life I don't hear my slur; I've become immune to it, as you can expect. But when I listen to audio of my voice, it always shocks me a little to hear my slur. 

Don't get me wrong ... I'm fine with my slur. I've never really been embarrassed of it. It is just a part of life, like red hair for Jason and Daniel or getting stuck with the last name Siedlecki for Emily and Caleb (luckily for Emily she's remedied that situation with marriage).

It is just I don't think of myself as "that guy with a slur." But I'm guessing that is how many -- or at least some -- know me.

Ahh slurs.... God bless 'em.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just realized that you could use photo booth to do a video. Thanks Stephen. Honestly I never notice your slur.... and I am not just saying that.

The Nelson Family said...

I don't think about it either. And I am just saying that. But I am also just meaning it. Can I "just" two things?

Seeing myself on video is weird for me because it reminds me of how weird LOOKING I am. Strange posture, squinty eyes, short, startling hairline. It's hard for me -and not in that way that they mean in that one song about dancing.

Hank and Mary said...

I've always found your slur very unique.
I love my son's issues.-Mary, with wording help from Christina

AL said...

I think your slur is damm sexy (that was said in a strong scottish accent).